I am trying to be more intentional about recording the funny things our kids say & do. I am also planning to challenge myself with a 30-Day Blogfest soon.....yep, that's 30 days in a row of blog posts. I have a list in the computer desk drawer full of events and ideas to blog about, so we may be stretching as far back as May to the Huron Turkey Races...we'll see. Honestly, I'm just hoping it will kickstart our horrible blogging year and get us more in the habit of posting regularly. :) Hoping.
With that all said, here's a funny from Ellie yesterday. I will preface the story by sharing (for those of you who might not know) that Ellie is allergic to nuts/peanut butter....
This past weekend, we had a blast in Willmar, MN, renting a large cabin with several college friends. The cabin was on 20 acres of walking trails and we took advantage of those trails and tried to tire out all 6 kids with some looooong walks. We did lots of stick-hunting and leaf-gathering, and somewhere during the weekend Ellie rubbed her hands against something that gave her a rash. We were at Wal Mart yesterday, and decided to buy some medicine to help the healing process along, and I was trying to explain to Ellie how exactly she got the rash. She is only five, after all, so I just went with the simple "You touched a plant that you must have been allergic to, and it made your hands itchy and sore." She looked up at me with a face of horror and whispered, "A peanut butter plant????"

1 comment:
ADORABLE!!!!!!!! I love it! Good job, my writing friend... looking forward to reading your posts! ;-) (Just so you know, whenever I talk about you to my hubby or my sister, I referr to you as "the writer") :-D
Post a Comment