Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby Update: 37 Weeks


So, I am officially full-term today. Yay! Everything continues to look good with baby girl. At my doctor's appointment today, she was measuring at approximately 7 pounds and only a few days ahead of schedule. I got to see her practice breathing, opening & closing her mouth & fists, and wiggle around a bunch. No pictures from today -- like the doctor said "At this stage in the game, it's hard to be photogenic in that small of a space!"

I am still feeling really good and find it a little hard to believe we could be having a baby any day now! Still plugging away at the diabetic food plan (and still harboring somewhat nasty thoughts towards carbohydrate restriction & very limited treats -- Easter candy, I hardly knew you!). However, it certainly has its benefits -- I have not had any swelling in my feet/hands like I did the other two pregnancies, and I've only gained 3 pounds since February! I even painted my own toenails this weekend and wasn't ashamed to wear sandals! So, there's that. Although on some days I'd gladly suffer the consequences just for a bag of Cadbury Mini-Eggs....

At this point, the plan is still to deliver between 38-39 weeks. The doctor won't pinpoint a date for me until my appointment next week, but he said he's leaning towards May 9th or 10th. So that means only 12-13 days until baby (unless she decides to come on her own before then, which would be great)!!!

We are as ready as we'll ever be -- Grammie was here for Easter and we redecorated the girls' bedroom (post coming soon on that), the crib is set up, baby clothes are washed and in the dresser. All that's left on my list is pack a hospital bag, get a haircut/color, and decide how we are going to arrange four carseats in the minivan! Anytime you're ready, baby girl!


2 comments:

Mom said...

Glad everything is A-OK with baby! Cute Easter picture, too! Everyone looks great! Can't wait to meet grandchild #7!

Alissa said...

You look great! I can't believe you haven's gained any more weight! That is SO great for you! I was packing it on at this stage in the pregnancy. Your little girl will have a birthday close to mine! :)