Friday, May 6, 2011

Final Baby Update: 38 Weeks


We'll keep it short & sweet this week -- baby's eviction notice has been served and she will be vacating the premises on or before Tuesday, May 10th. We are scheduled to report to the hospital at midnight on Monday night for an induction. At my 38 week appointment on Wednesday, baby was growing great (estimated weight of 7 lbs 4 oz) and I am still doing fine. But gestational diabetes brings a few potential complications like premature deterioration of the placenta, so the doctor wants to err on the side of caution and get this baby delivered. So, unless I get it together to post about the girls' room re-decoration before Tuesday, you probably won't hear from us again until we're announcing the arrival of baby #4! 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I can't wait to "meet" your girl! Here's praying for a safe delivery and a quick return to (non-gestational diabetes) health to you! Cadbury Mini-Eggs await!

Alissa said...

:) Praying for a great delivery, Carrie!

Mom said...

We'll be waiting for the phone to ring! Praying for an easy time, and health for mom and baby!