So, here were are with less than 10 weeks to go until we meet baby girl Studer. I seem to be doing a pregnancy update about every 10 weeks (I know, call me an overachiever)...but things just aren't as eventful this time around and not much changes from week to week (except the size of my pants). I found this picture from the same point in my pregnancy with the boys, and it helps me feel better when I have an "I'm huge" day...looks like I've got a giant bowling ball in there. And I still had 5 weeks to go!
Anyhoo, back to baby #4....here are belly shots from weeks 26 & 28. And yes, I promise I do own more than two shirts...I just happen to find the orange & green ones subconsciously more photogenic, I guess.
| 28 Weeks with Baby #4 |
| 26 Weeks with Baby #4 |
I am still feeling pretty good, but starting to feel that end of pregnancy tiredness & aforementioned "I'm huge" attitude. We decided to make the switch to a doctor in Huron (I had been seeing my OB/GYN in Sioux Falls up until 28 weeks). I love my SF doctor and so appreciated her laid-back manner & personal approach, but it's hard to justify driving 2 hours one-way for doctor's appointments once you have to start going every 2 weeks. Also, there's the small matter of where do the kids go if we deliver the baby in SF...do they all come to SF with Grammie or stay in Huron? And also, do I really want a 2 hour drive while I'm in labor? So, practicality won (dang it) and we switched our care to a doctor here...I had my first appointment yesterday & really liked him. Unfortunately, I'm going to be seeing quite a bit of him as I also found out I have gestational diabetes. Boo for pregnant carb-counting and finger poking. In all seriousness, it seems like I am able to keep my blood sugar under control with diet management and no insulin, so cross your fingers it stays that way! They will keep a close eye on the baby with extra ultrasounds and non-stress tests for the remainder of my pregnancy, since babies of moms with gestational diabetes tend to grow extra-large due to all the extra nutrition that out-of-control blood sugar provides. If necessary, I will deliver before my due date so baby girl doesn't get too big....I want to do everything I can to avoid a c-section...
In other baby-related news, we still haven't decided on a name for this little girl. We don't ever decide 100% until we see any of our babies, but all suggestions are still welcome. The kids each have their own opinion, of course. Ellie is campaigning hard for Emily. Alex insists that the baby needs to be named George (must have something to do with his fervent wishes for a baby brother), and Maguire thinks we should go with Jackie. If you have spent any length of time with Maguire, you will understand why this is funny. He has taken possession of two of Ellie's Barbie's and christened them Big Jackie & Little Jackie. The kid doesn't know anyone named Jackie, so I have no idea where that one came from. So, what other logical choice is there in his little mind than to name our baby sister Jackie? My question is would he call her Giant Jackie?
| Maguire & his beloved Jackies |

3 comments:
Okay, the barbies & name considerations are making me laugh out loud! :) Thanks for the post xxoo
he probably would call her GIANT JACKIE :)
You really don't look big at all for being basically 7 mos. along!! As for names:
Julianna - very pretty
Clarice -- very classy
Estelle -- you know why!
And then there's always my mother's name - Mildred, and my favorite Aunt - Bernal
I know you love all of the above and it will be soooooooo hard to choose!!
Post a Comment