Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Leaning Tower of Poop Catchers...

There's something to be said for preparedness. But early on I thought this might be a little overboard. For months before the twins were born Carrie and I would go to the store for groceries and every time we would bring home a package of diapers. "Must be prepared..." she would say. The books on multiples (of which Carrie has read every one written of course) say you should plan to go through 25 diapers per day. I could often be quoted as saying, "25 a day? No way. Are you kidding?" They're not kidding. It's ridiculous how much these kids poop. You wouldn't believe it.


So we built up a healthy supply on our own before the babies came, and then several people (bless their hearts) bought us diapers as gifts. It was a true blessing because I could never have imagined how many we would go through. About a week ago Carrie decided she would start a running tally. How many diapers would we use in a 24 hour period? The final count: 21. That's about $5 every day! (Daddy needs another couple of jobs I think) It was a little less than 25, but that was a good day. I'm guessing there have been days when we've changed 30. It's hard to tell though, because you often lose track. The poop starts to run together (no pun intended there...sorry).


So we'll keep wipin' butts and try to stay ahead in the diaper count. But the way these boys are growing, we might need to cash in the newborn size for a bit bigger sooner than we think. I keep telling Carrie we need to start the potty training process soon. For some reason she says, "You're ridiculous." Like I haven't heard that before...

<--This is the top shelf of the closet...over and above the leaning tower!


<--The little poopers in the flesh...no doubt workin' up a little surprise for mom & dad...

4 comments:

Ryan and Kristi said...

That is CRAZY!! 20-25 diapers a day. WOW!! I complain if I have to change more than 5 a day, I'm such a wuss. I can't even imagine what a Diaper Champ would smell like after a couple days storing those things.

sarah :) said...

and you're not using cloth diapers? C'mon! ;)

Jed, Katie and The Girls said...

I need your help...I went to Wal-Mart to buy some daipers and they were all out. I asked the worker, and she said they had to transfer all diapers to the Sioux Falls store for some twin boys? Do you guys know anything about that? Gosh, guys, save some for the rest of the babies of the world.:)
Maybe you should infant potty train them. We know of this couple who potty trained their son at like 2 or 3 months old! Yes, he uses the toilet..she holds him over it. They communicate in this grunting language...crazy!! maybe you have already read all about it??!!
Happy Changing:)

Anonymous said...

25 diapers a day for 2 2yr olds, what a waste of money, no wonder Americans are in such a high amount of debt!!!!