This post may seem a bit out of order, considering that Alex and Maguire are already 3 weeks old. But we thought it might be fun to share the few snapshots we have of the boys' birth. Although we sat around the hospital for a few hours before active labor started, once it started things went
very fast. With twins, they require you to deliver in an operating room in case a C-section becomes necessary. So since I arrived at 10 centimeters so quickly, our trip there truly must have looked a little like a typical TV show labor .... picture us wheeling quickly down the hallway, the doctor telling me not to push, Chris running after the whole group (he was mistakenly given two sets of scrub pants rather than a whole set of scrubs, so he was a bit behind the rest of us)....believe it or not, the boys were born and we were back in the labor room in less than 25 minutes!
So all this to say, in the rush to get to the delivery room, our camera was forgotten. We have a random nurse and good old Sanford hospital to thank for these pictures from a disposable camera they keep on hand in the delivery room -- they informed us it would only cost an additional $7 on our hospital bill! And really, what's $7 compared to the bill we were about to rack up over the coming two weeks?!?!?!?


These first two pictures are Mom and Dad with Alex. Although I got to hold both babies on my tummy for a few seconds after birth, we didn't get to hold Maguire anymore after that since he wasn't breathing well enough on his own.

First picture of the brothers together, moments after birth.

Alex
Our first view of the boys together, before they whisked them away to the NICU
2 comments:
I just have to say...grace under pressure! I bet it would have been something to watch too:) It is a good thing for the random nurse...I bet she didn't feel so random though? It probably made her day! Looking good guys, lots of memories made in three short weeks.
Aww! The photos are priceless (actually quite a bargain I think--7 bucks?) :)
And Carrie, were you seriously able to wear your wedding ring throughout the pregnancy?! incredible!
Love you!
Post a Comment