Maguire will still have a few more days "inside" (it sure feels like a prison sometimes), but we're hoping it's not more than another week. He's still on oxygen, but it's been greatly reduced. He just needs to get used to breathing deeply enough on his own to keep his oxygen levels up. The doctors say it's all typical, so we're trying not to be too concerned. Neither of the boys have had any 'stop breathing' spells, so we are thankful we won't be sent home with any monitors.
Even though we're leaving Maguire behind, we're rejoicing for Alex. His big sister will get to see the whites of his eyes for the first time, and she couldn't be more excited about that. So we're continuing to pray for Maguire's continued progress, and that he'll join his brother real soon!! (Sorry, more exclamation points...I'm excited OK??!!)

They're finally wearing some real clothes for once too, not the hospital issued garb.

2 comments:
Hip HIP HOORAY!!!
WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
(i like !!!! too, Chris ;))
And way to go on being the world's best big sister, Ellie!!
love you all!
PRAISE the LORD!!!!!HOORAY! So excited for you!More continued prayers for Maguires stats to come up so he can come home.Remember to leave lights and tv/radio on at night and to slowly wean the boys off the noise and lights.They are used to that and will not sleep well w/ if it's too quiet and dark, I know that from experience hee hee.Also be careful w/ reg wipes,even sensitive ones.Max ended up w/ a bleeding rash.You can use a wet soft paper towel and/or make your own wipes and alternate using reg wipes every 4th change or so.Sorry if I'm overstepping, just a couple things I wish I'd known.Congrats on being on the road to "normal"!Enjoy "kidnapping" Alex b/c that's what it'll feel like, you'll want to run w/ him!God Bless!
Post a Comment