Overnight, Maguire was completely taken off oxygen, and was breathing "room air" as they call it. He was doing well, and they kept the oxygen off all morning long. The doctor did her final examination of Alex, and then looked at Maguire and said, "I think he'll be ready to go tomorrow, maybe Monday..." To that of course we let out a big, "Whooopeee!!" They tell us that if he doesn't need oxygen for 24 hours straight, we'll get to take him home! So it's of course been quite an exciting day!
Back to Alex's homecoming...
Big sister Ellie was waiting at the door of the NICU along with Grammie and Papa Eiesland when Alex came out. She came right up to him, and put her hand gently on his cheek. It was the sweetest sight I've ever seen. She couldn't stop touching him and said, "Daddy can I hold him?" So we went right down to the car and headed home. Once we got home all she wanted to do was get on the couch and get ready to hold her little brother. She had her arms all ready to go before we even got him out of the car seat. It was so awesome. Since then she's been wanting to help him with his pacifier, help change diapers, and do whatever she can to be close to him. It's so sweet. Hopefully she can hold both of her brothers on the couch tomorrow!!
That's about all for now, I'll definitely keep you posted on Maguire's eventual homecoming, and it could be just a day away!! Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers. We know that the Lord has blessed our family with so many loving and caring people that have touched our lives. We're truly grateful for all of you. Your prayers and ours have been answered in a mighty way these past two weeks, and we're so very thankful!! We love you all!

3 comments:
CONGRATS on the new homecoming. AWESOME pictures!! What a journey. Thank you for keeping us so informed. We will keep our fingers crossed for Maguire in the hopes that he will be able to come home SOON!!!
Ryan & Kristi
What an AWESOME day...amazing!!! I bet you have yet to come down from the high, all sorts of emotions too...
We are happy that you all have been blessed with such strong little boys, they are making huge progress! It is so great to hear; glad the rest of you continue to have such huge smiles:):) i bet you are tired though...normalcy will come, things will settle down...I know you know that, but sometimes I still have to tell myself that and I don't have any twins. Just three demanding girls...make that 4 with Katie!j/k:)
enjoy every moment, enjoy the Grandparents help...we will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers..love you all!!!!!!
If immense JOY & EXCITEMENT can be felt through a blog post, I feel yours now!! :D YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Post a Comment