Anyway, the doctors told us last night that it was likely that he'd be able to come home. It came as a huge surprise to us because just 2 days ago he was still on oxygen. But this morning they gave us the official word: "He's good to go!" We rushed him out the door where his big sister was waiting to meet him. This meeting apparently wasn't as special for little Ellie. She was all smiles like she was with Alex, but she sort of had the attitude that, "I've done this already, what's the big deal?" It was still fun though, and she was super excited to hold him at home. We asked if she wanted to hold them both and she said very directly, "I can't, Papa has to hold Maguire. I'll hold Alex." Maybe she has her favorite already, but she's very excited to have them both home.
We did eventually get Ellie to hold them both, and got some great snapshots. It feels so wonderful to finally have our entire family under one roof. Carrie and I look at each other often and say, "Can you believe we have 3 children?" We can't. But we're getting used to the idea. It's just so great to have them both home, so we don't have to visit the hospital anymore.
It's been so special to have Carrie's parents here for the past two weeks. They've been an enormous help to us throughout, and we're eternally grateful. They're wonderful grandparents, and have been so gracious and giving that we couldn't have done it without them. But poor Grammie Eiesland had to go home to Brainerd today, so she only had a couple of hours with both boys. This picture is of Papa feeding Grammie mac & cheese so she didn't have to give up holding the boys to eat. They're pretty hilarious. But thankfully (and he's not gloating at all...) Papa Eiesland gets to stay for another 4 days to help us out. My parents are coming next weekend to replace the Eiesland grandparents that have to go. My mom will be staying with us for about 10 days, so it'll be great to have grandparents here for so long. We're truly blessed to have the loving and giving parents we do.
And so today we begin our new life, as a bigger and better family. It'll be challenging to be sure, but I think we're up to the challenge. Thanks again to all of you for your prayers throughout this whole ordeal. We truly appreciate you and what you've done to help us. But keep those prayers coming, because hello, TWO BOYS!! Lord Help Us!!!


4 comments:
YAHHHH!!!! I'm so happy for you guys. The whole family home at last! I can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories to come! We love you guys! Talk to you soon!
YAY! Yesterday when I saw the photo of C,C,E,& A I thought, "That seems so incomplete" and today when I saw the pic of ALL FIVE of you I knew, "Now it's complete!" :D
Congrats on all being under the same roof!!
And, I laughed so hard at Papa feeding Grammie mac & cheese! (but not too surprised ;))
MUCH LOVE!!
Congratulations on the housefullllll of Studers!! That is so exciting. Enjoy every moment...sleep some, well maybe a wink or two, right?
Post a Comment