Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Family Affair

After two posts in a row by Carrie (keyboard hog), I thought it was high time I get back on the mic (or keyboard, but mic sounds cooler). The public has been demanding it, and I'm all about pleasing my public ya know...

Anyway, it's been exactly 2 weeks since the boys made their way home from the NICU, and it's been a wonderful couple of weeks. My mom was here for 10 days to help out, my dad came Friday, and my brother and his family came down to visit this weekend too. It was great to have everyone and spend time with the boys. Ellie had a blast playing with her big cousins, and it was good to get everybody together again.

But now everyone's gone, the house is about as quiet as it's been in a month, and it's just the 5 of us. It's a little weird I have to say. We've grown accustomed to having an extra pair of hands (or two) to wipe a butt, hold a baby, or give a pacifier. We're really going to miss the nightly meals provided by one grandma or the other, and then the dishwashing they did afterward. Does that mean I actually have to do dishes again? I'm not sure I know how anymore. But Carrie's parents are coming again Friday, so maybe I'll just "forget" to do them until they come. I am busy you know...working and everything :) (Love you Grammie and Papa)
The boys are doing extremely well. They both weighed in at over 7lbs on Friday morning (Alex was 7lb 10oz, Maguire: 7lbs even) and have been gaining weight like mad. It's been awesome, and the doctor said we don't have to come back until they're two months old! Here are a few of the latest snapshots of our two little men and those that love them!



<--My Big Bro with his nephews...









<--Sister-In-Law Heidi with Alex











<--G-ma & G-pa Studer with all THREE of my kids!












<--Grandma and Ellie bakin' some Valentine's Day cookies...










<--Cousins T.J. & Alyssa (T.J.'s hair isn't always purple and yellow...it's dyed for swimming playoffs, looks pretty tough eh? :)













<--Cousin Bri gettin' a little hold time.














3 comments:

Grammie and Papa said...

Yah, Grammie and Papa here.... get those dishes done!!! I want my hands around grandchildren, not soap suds!! :) Love you all!

sarah :) said...

super cute family you've got! can't wait to see everyone in person in a few (ok, like 6) months! :)
love ya!

Raymond and Emily said...

What fun to 'meet' your family, Chris! I can't wait to hear how the first week alone went. Praying that all goes well for your cute family of 5!! :) Love you guys! Emily