Monday, May 14, 2012

Cute As a Button - Lucy's Birthday Party!

Miss Cute As a Button, ready for the party to start. I busted out the tiny amount of craftiness I possess & made her "1" button-covered tshirt & a button headband.


Of course, no birthday party at our house would be complete without a handmade {by the children} birthday banner! 


Some funny outtakes from our pre-party photo shoot. Sweet girl.

Hot stuff just learned how to get up onto the couch by herself.

Oh, you want me to be cute? I can do that.


Ready for my guests to arrive!

The guests have assembled - we grilled up some burgers & hot dogs for lunch!


Lucy chows down on hot dogs, peaches, & pasta salad. Gotta have energy to open those presents.


This picture makes me laugh - she looks so bewildered. Alex, Maguire, & Molly are...giving her birthday spankings? Not really sure.


Pretty sure all of the other kids were more excited about her presents than she was.


 
Cute {handmade!} bag for coloring stuff from Alissa & Levi!


She loved this fuzzy little duck from Crystal & Molly!


Lucy basks in the attention of her party guests as I oogle over the super-adorable shirt {again, handmade - I have such crafty friends!} from Carrie & Vera!


So when I say I have super-creative friends, I really mean it. Check out this ADORABLE button cake that my friend Kristina made for the party. {Another friend, Carrie, made the 'lucy' pennant for the cake top.}




I seriously didn't want to eat it - cutest. cake. ever.

My cupcakes paled in comparison to the cake. :)

Speaking of cake, Lucy was not a huge fan.

She liked taking the cupcake apart, but really didn't seem interested in eating any of it.


Despite ingesting less than a bite of cake, she managed to make quite a mess & had lots of fun giving herself crazy hair.

And....she's done. Partied out. Conked out for a 3.5 hour nap as soon as everyone left. Happy Birthday, indeed.



Singing 'Happy Birthday'



Lucy's less-than-enthusiastic cake experience.


2 comments:

Grammie and Papa said...

Love all the pictures! Such a fun day, such a sweet honey that's 1!

Anonymous said...

Of course no birthday is complete without the birthday banner ~ I still get one on my birthday!! :) Happy Birthday Miss Lucy! We love you xoxo Sarah & Masa