We are busy enjoying every moment of having the boys at home. It's hard to believe they will be 3 weeks old on Sunday already! Strangely enough, now that we are not back and forth from the hospital several times a day, I feel like I have quite a bit of free time. I'm sure my thoughts on that will change as we settle into a routine -- and once all of our live-in help goes home.....
Both of the boys continue to be great nursers, and last night we even got a stretch of sleep that lasted 3-1/2 hours! It's a good thing that being Mom/food provider is all I have planned for the next several months, because I know once the initial "they're home!" excitement wears off, extreme fatigue will hit in a big way. Last night, I found myself wide awake eating Pop-tarts at 4:00 AM.....maybe middle of the night blogging will be my next challenge!
One sweet thing that we have noticed about the boys being in close quarters together is their ability to cozy up to each other. When we lay them down, they start out s
everal inches apart, but somehow they end up wiggling over to each other and they're almost always touching heads when we find them, too!
Ellie is continuing to adjust to two babies in the house. For the most part, she is very gentle with the boys and loves to give them kisses while they try to take naps. She is very good about telling all of us that "it's very important to have clean hands when you touch a baby" and that she can only hold one baby at a time because it's not safe to hold both. However, the other night after we took this picture of all 3 kids together, she suddenly channeled her inner Evel Knievel and attempted (successfully, thank goodness!) to jump over poor Alex laying on the floor. So, maybe a little more baby safety teaching is in order.....
Some of you might know this already, but I submitted my notice at work last Friday. So as of February 15th, I am officially a stay-at-home mom!!!!! While I will miss my co-workers (and leaving the house...), I can't wait to start this new job.
Well, someone's got to be hungry by now, so I will sign off. Thanks to everyone who's called to check on us since we've been home -- please call again in two weeks once all the grandparents leave! :)

4 comments:
Wonderful! Good to hear from you, too, Carrie. LOVE the new pictures. How precious that they snug together....just like old times! And Jumper Ellie rides again! Love you all til the cows come home and then some!
mmm, pop tarts...what flavor was it? I can't find those around here ;)
I LOVE seeing the boys at home without tubes, or hospital sheets...they're so adorable!!
Way to go on your post, Carrie! :)
Love you all,
the birthday girl :D
Great post, Carrie! I love the pictures! You have got the cutest kids! I love it that the boys actually make their way to each other. I can't wait to hear more adventures form the Studer house! It sounds like Ellie will keep it just at interesting as the boys. ;) I am so very happy for you guys.
Carrie--I am so glad you had the opportunity to do a post...now go catch an old episode of Party of Five before the boys wake up!:)
Love the new pics, they are a couple of growing, handsome little guys. Have fun teaching Ellie the do's and don'ts of being a big sister...glad Jenna and Kylie haven't been the only ones to try big sister acrobatics!! Ahhh, the fun filled days of parenthood:) Love and hugs to all...
Post a Comment