Monday, March 21, 2011

Call Noah, There's a Flood in the Bathroom!

Our children have a favorite new trick: push the lights on and off in the back of our minivan. It sounds harmless enough, but no less than half-a-dozen times in the past few months one of our children (who shall remain nameless, although his name rhymes with Smalex) has left the light on overnight. We then wake up to a dead battery. That's where this story begins.

When you have a dead battery and your vehicle is in the garage, you (and by you, I mean me) have to push said vehicle out of the garage, then get your other vehicle maneuvered in such a way that you can jump-start the dead vehicle. That process takes two parents to complete: one to drive the dead car (Carrie) and one to push (me). While this process is taking place, all three of our children are left alone in the house. You can just about guess the trouble that can bring.

After Carrie and I got the van running on Saturday, we came inside to hear a screaming little girl say, "Mommy, Daddy, come quick!" Those are the four words a parent never likes to hear. Ellie was shouting from the bathroom and then says, "Maguire flooded the bathroom!"  

We rush over to find them both in their rain boots standing in water on the bathroom floor. I say, "What happened?" Then Maguire says, "THERE WAS A FLOOD!" Apparently he had been washing his hands and somehow covered the drain with a cup and then the water started gushing over the side of the sink. But they had time to get their rain boots on?? I don't get it. But it was hard not to laugh hysterically at the scene. And what did I do then? Get my video camera of course...enjoy!


4 comments:

Heather M said...

the lights in the van thing... we have that same issue only ours rhymes with smeta... I considered backing in to help with the jump starting issues since I am usually alone and rushed when this happens... thankfully no floods at our house on those days :)

Shannan said...

Thank you for providing a good laugh to brighten our day, so cute!

We had the same light problem... finally invested in one of those charger things you can plug into the wall, I can't even count how many times we used it! Life. Saver.

Grammie and Papa said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! wish I could figure out who did the light thing, maybe the same one who did it in my driveway?! And seriously, thinking of getting rainboots on, I'd call that being very practical. Good to know they are that kind of men in an emergency!

Anonymous said...

hilarious! you guys are awesome parents. :)
- Erin B.