One of the fun things about having gestational diabetes (hey, I just have to find the silver lining, people) is more ultrasounds! They want to keep a close eye on baby girl during these last few weeks of pregnancy to ensure she doesn't grow at too fast a rate. On Tuesday, I went in for my 32 week appointment and also got to have a 3-D growth ultrasound. We never had the opportunity to have 3-D with Ellie or the boys, so this was a fun treat! The doctor said later in pregnancy it can be harder to get good pictures, since there is less amniotic fluid, but he still got a few good shots! It was fun to see a more 'real-life' view of her, I got to see her yawning, practice breathing, and rub her face. So cool!
A few people have said they think she resembles Maguire, but you'll have to decide for yourself. Or, wait a few weeks until we see the real thing! Hard to believe she could realistically be here in about 6 weeks! Yikes -- we'd better get the newborn clothes & a crib out of storage!
Sweet baby legs & feet, crossed at the ankles.
So, after the ultrasound, we found out that she is growing pretty much on schedule, measuring at about 33.5 weeks, which is still within normal range (I am 32 weeks). My belly also measured right at 33 weeks. The doctor was very happy with how under-control I have been able to keep my blood sugar, and said both of us looked great! We go back again in about 1.5 weeks for my 34 week appointment and another ultrasound (yay!)

1 comment:
Thought I would check out your blog and was so happy to hear that things are going well for your little one! I had lots of 3D ultrasounds with Josh because I was considered high-risk and it was a nice little perk to see in there every few weeks :) Take care! Alisa
Post a Comment