Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lemonade Stand (AT LAST)


Ellie has been desperate to have a lemonade stand for WEEKS, so today seemed like a great day to do it! I tried to argue that as hot as it was (mid-90's), there might not be a lot of people out, but I was met with the irrefutable logic that "anyone who's out will for sure be thirsty & want to buy my lemonade!" Can't argue with that, so away we went.


First things first, we had to make an eye-catching sign.



Then it was time to go out in the beating sun (1:00 PM, not a bit of shade to be found in our front yard) and sell some cookies & lemonade! Everyone looks pumped & ready for customers, don't they?



Not shockingly, the boys quickly lost interest in manning the stand. And luckily our neighbors took pity on us and told us to move the table under their tree (ahh, shade!).



 The boys retired to the shade of the porch with Lucy to supervise (translation: eat snacks).




It was indeed a slow day for a lemonade stand - we averaged approximately 3 customers per hour for a grand total of 7 customers. Ellie was pretty excited that she made $6.46!

Apologies for the lack of posting lately. Our camera is broken (again....sigh...) so I had to break out some phone pictures for this post - I know all you grandparents really come here for is the pictures. :)

2 comments:

Grammie and Papa said...

The picture story line just cracks me up! I am so glad she made some money and that her sibs were so supportive....from the porch! Maybe we could do one here on her little vacation?

Mom said...

Quite the business woman already! Awesome sign. I was thinking the same thing as Grammie. There's been a stand a couple blocks from me with some maybe 8-year-old boys, and their sign says "Saving for College"!