Monday, December 22, 2008

My Favorite Christmas Gift: A New Job!

So remember a few days ago when I said I didn't have a job and my wife really wanted me to start getting a paycheck? Well, I've once again listened to my wife (Because I always do), and got a new job! It's really an answer to prayer (and thanks to all who said one for us too by the way), because it's worked out really well.

I applied for a job about two weeks before I was laid off from KSFY to be the Legislative Director at the South Dakota Farmers Union. It's a non-profit group that represents farmers and ranchers in the state. I interviewed for the job last week, and they called me back the next day. But they said they wanted me to be their Communications & Marketing Director instead. So today (Monday) I called and accepted the offer!

But there's one little catch to the whole thing; I'll have to move the family to Huron, South Dakota, at some point. It's about an hour and a half from Sioux Falls, and it's a lot smaller town. About 12,000 people live there (The Sioux Falls area is about 150,000), so it's not tiny by any means. But we'll be leaving a lot of great friends behind, so the feelings are somewhat mixed. We're very excited to start fresh in a new town though, and to make some new friends. So in the end it's a wonderful thing. I was only out of work for a total of 21 days, and it's been a really nice paid vacation!!

Thanks again to all of you who lifted us up during this time, your prayers definitely worked!!

5 comments:

sarah :) said...

Wowza wowza wowza ~ Congrats!!

Ryan and Kristi said...

CONGRADULATIONS!!! We wish you the best with your new job and your new adventure. Now you can go back to not listening to Carrie. (J/K)

Miller Family said...

Stoods that is awesome with the new job......you will do great!

Merry Christmas!

Jon

The Pendills said...

Glad to hear about the new job! Now I've got to pull out a map and figure out where that little town is. Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

We are very happy for all of you!!! God is faithful to provide every need that we have. We wish you all the best!