That was the fun surprise I got after work on Monday morning. I say 'after work' because I came in and worked 11:30pm to 7:30am and then they informed me that I was being laid off immediately. It would've been nice if I hadn't had to work all night before it happened. But my response was, "So I don't have to come to work tomorrow? And you're going to pay me for awhile? I'm cool with that."
So my career as a TV star (a term used very loosely) is over, and I couldn't feel better about it. I had a job interview the very next day that was very therapeutic. She asked me questions like, "What do you want to do Chris?" and "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" They're questions that I don't think about too often. I don't know the answers to those questions just yet either, so that'll take some thought. But at least I'm trying to answer them.
And really, I can do anything I want now. There's no binding contract holding me back. I've started to grow a goatee if you look at the picture close. I haven't been able to have one of those since college because I was on TV. So I can truly do anything, even grow facial hair. But when I say that, Carrie cringes a bit (the 'do anything' part, and the facial hair, too). I usually hear, "You can do what you want, but you do need to get a paycheck for it." She's not that harsh of course, but you get the picture.
I guess the moral of this story is be thankful for what you have, because it could be gone tomorrow. But the other moral is that everything happens for a reason, and it'll all work out in the end. God's always provided for our family, and we know he will provide again and again. So we're not worrying about the future and trusting that a bigger and better job is out there just waiting for me. And if you know of that bigger and better job don't hesitate to let me know...because my wife says I have to get a paycheck!

3 comments:
We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. Keep up that positive attitude too--everything does happen for a reason. Chris, I admire your positive outlook on the situation.
jfe
Good luck with that facial growing thing Chris...hope that's everything you imagined it would be! We'll continue to lift you guys up...hey now maybe you'll have time to come visit us!!! We would love it...or for you guys we'd even meet half way! Love you
Your outlook is truly inspiring - and so right. God is good and has the details worked out already. He will provide. :) You guys are in my thoughts and prayers as well.
Post a Comment