Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wayward Travelers

Hello from Brainerd! The kiddos and I are on the tail end of our 8-day stay at Grammie and Papa's while we're between houses. We have had a great time, visiting with all the grandparents and great-grandparents, seeing Scatteredtrees (my little brother Nate's band), and just hanging out. But boy, are we ever ready to not be living out of a suitcase anymore! It may take us a few days to dig out the box where the computer is currently living once we get into the house, so here's what we've been up to in a nutshell:



We visited the Little Falls Zoo yesterday afternoon. Can you see what our children's favorite animals were? Nope, not the Siberian tigers or timberwolves, not even the peacocks or cougars. They couldn't get enough of the prairie dogs -- practically the state animal of SD.




We have fun dressing up the boys in puppet clothes. I cannot take the blame for this one -- it was all Papa. You can see the fireman puppet next to Alex on the floor -- and can I just point out that even the fake fireman puppet has a mustache? Is that a requirement to be a fire dept. member, Papa?



My Aunt Julie, who cut my hair my whole childhood, came over and gave Ellie and Maguire a trim. Alex sadly took a pass on this one. We hope that maybe by this time next year he'll have enough hair to merit a trim.
Unfortunately, we were way too busy actually moving out of our old house to be bothered to take a single picture of our packing, UHaul loading, cleaning, or storage unit packing, so the majority of the last few weeks is undocumented. Here are a few random snapshots from April to tide you over until we get the computer up and running in Huron.



Ellie and all her friends from Wednesday night Rainbows at church.



Getting better at bike riding!






Happy Belated Easter!
And finally, a few clips of the boys walking. They are finally getting the hang of it -- we're in some serious trouble....



1 comment:

Megan and Abram Bouché said...

Those walking videos are the best! I love the facial expressions, priceless! I will call...I promise!!!