Never fear --- this is no big announcement that the Studers are expecting triplets! Can you seriously even imagine?!?!? Luckily, I am only referring to the number of small children we had in our house a few weeks ago when our friends Ryan and Kristi came through Huron on their trip from Washington to Minnesota. With some help from Kristi's mom, Karen, they drove across half the country with a 21 month old and two 7 week olds! Are they brave or what? We know the giant pheasant was the real reason they stopped in Huron, but we were so excited to meet all of their kids (Addyson, Easton, and Owen) and spend an evening together. Ryan and I have been friends since freshman year at Bemidji State University (Go Beavers!) in 1996 (wow, we're old), but we hadn't seen each other in at least 5 years. So it was so much fun to catch up with them -- I wish we lived closer to one another! Sadly, these two pictures are the only pictures anyone took the entire night. Their boys were just precious little peanuts -- I can hardly remember Alex and Maguire being that little -- and I must admit, holding them may have sparked a teeny tiny bit of baby fever. The whole 1:8 chance of having twins again does put a damper on the fever, though.
Alex basically didn't even acknowledge Easton and Owen, but Maguire was fascinated. He plopped right down in front of Kristi and checked those babies out. He was actually pretty gentle, too! Well, after he tried to "share" his ball by dropping it on Easton's head. Again, we're sorry about that, Gamradts! Hope you'll return to the home of the world's most giant pheasant on your next cross-country vacation!

2 comments:
Hi Studers! I just had a great time catching up after not checking your blog for a few weeks - I miss you all! Let's plan a date to see each other :)
I'm so happy we had a chance to get together on this trip. Everything worked out perfect and It was so nice to see you and the whole family. I can't believe it's been 5 years!! Thanks again for the GREAT dinner and until next time take care.
I also can't beleive we didn't take any pictures. I guess I was so excited..thatI forgot
Post a Comment