Monday, December 7, 2009

Pajama Party!

So there I am, sitting on my couch, watching my big TV when my wife says, "So what are we going to do for Ellie's birthday party?" To that I say, "I suppose the usual...tons of little girls...cake...Barbies...lots of pink." We already had a family birthday party, so it was time to have a gaggle of little girls come through our doors and celebrate.

Ellie invited over five of her closest friends, and it was her idea to have a "Pajama Party." So all of the little girls, donned in their jammies, converged on the Studer household for an afternoon of, well, all the girly stuff I said before. Plus a rousing game of "Pin the Princess on the Castle." My favorite. Ellie and Mariana...together again. The two old friends couldn't stop smiling and giggling at each other. Turn your head to see the cake's design. Ellie insisted on helping. I guess it was her cake. Ellie had a fine time running around the house, eating her cake, and opening her presents. Among the gifts? A Barbie car, a Barbie Snow White, a Barbie dog that poops, and a few other odds and ends that were, of course, Barbie themed. When it was time for cake, Ellie was more than happy to blow out (or spit all over) her candles.

Then it was time to break open the presents. This is just one of the many new things that now call my house home.


And there it is...the Barbie VW Bug. Complete with Volkswagon keys and a flower vase on the dash.

More pink presents. They sort of just run together in my head...can't really remember what it was.
Here was our attempt at a picture with all of the small children in attendance. This was about the best we could get. Even though you can barely see Ellie tucked in the back. At least only one is trying to run away.
We still can't believe our little girl is 5 years-old already. Even though most of the time she talks and acts like a teenager. Only 8 more years and she actually will be. That is the scariest thing I've ever written.

No comments: