Ellie took to the ice yesterday for a classmate's 6th birthday party. It was her first time EVER on ice skates, and she did great! Before the party, we were talking about skating and whether she was nervous or not, and she said "It's okay, Mommy! I can do it. It'll be just like roller skating. Oh, wait...I don't know how to roller skate, either. Oh, boy."
She stepped right out on the ice and took off (slowly) with one of the metal "trainers"...when she came back around to the rink entrance I asked if her legs were tired. "Nope, but my arms are! I'm holding onto this thing so tight!" was her reply.
By the time Chris went to pick her up from the party 1.5 hours later, she was skating ON HER OWN! Way to go, Ellie! She has already asked us at least 14 times since yesterday when we can go ice skating again. When I said I wasn't sure if they had skates small enough for the boys, she said "Well, Mommy, you can just carry the boys while you skate!" Ha!

1 comment:
Way to go, Ellie!! This grandma never could skate, so you've got me beat!
Post a Comment