Saturday, February 12, 2011

Way to Go, Ellie!

This month, Ellie was chosen as one of four kindergarten students to be featured as a Washington Star at her school's monthly assembly. She had to choose a project or piece of artwork that she was proud of, and talk about it in front of approximately 250 students, teachers, and family members. She was pretty nervous to speak in front of the whole school, but she did a great job! She also got a free lunch at Subway, a cool pencil with a star eraser on top, and a special 'Star Student' pin from the principal. We are so proud of you, Ellie!




Here she is with her snowman, made of things the students gathered at home.



You might have to turn your volume waaaay up to hear her talking in the video below, but here's the closed-captioning:
"My name is Ellie Studer. The work I am proud of is my snowman. I chose this work because I worked really hard on it, and I think it looks funny!"



2 comments:

Grammie and Papa said...

Way to go, Ellie! So proud of you! I LOVE the sno(woman)'s necklace! :) Love you, Ellie-Bell!

Mom said...

Woo-hoo, Ellie! Good job! You didn't even look nervous talking in front of everybody!