Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sad, But True

With the impending arrival of our twins, and the undeniable fact that we already have a 3 year-old, we broke down and have became proud (well, not really so proud) owners of a MINIVAN!
For years I've been in denial. Many have said, "You'll do it, everyone does at some point. There's just no getting around it." But I thought I would be different. I would buck the trend of parents before me. "I shall resist," was the phrase I lived by. But alas, I caved. "We got a good deal," Carrie says, trying to comfort me, "It'll be so nice to have the extra space," she says in a soothing voice. But I say to myself, "A Chevy Yukon has a lot of space," or things under my breath like, "A Suburban would be roomy, right?"
But the whole, "It gets better gas mileage" argument wins every time. So here it is, a 2001 Honda Odyssey. They say it's the best van around, so we've got our fingers crossed that it lasts us awhile. I've asked Carrie if I can wear a ski mask when I drive to hide my identity. She calls that "childish" for some reason...
So maybe in a few months after our boys get here I will have come to grips with the fact that we're in the Minivan stage of life. Or maybe not...

4 comments:

sarah :) said...

Well, congrats to Carrie, and my sympathy to Chris ;)

Ryan and Kristi said...

My hat is off to you guys. I'm like Carrie and want a van and Kristi is like Chris and would rather walk 250 miles with a Addyson in a stroller before getting in and driving a van. With Chris caving in, it gives me a little hope that there will be a van parked in our garage in the future.

Jed, Katie and The Girls said...

Minivans Rock!
Welcome to the club. We actually got rid of ours, bought a Pacifica, missed the van so much and traded it back in for another MV. Seriously, you'll never want to drive anything else.
-K

Megan and Abram Bouché said...

Ahhh, but we will resist....sucker's!