Our big fake tree is ridiculously heavy, and a pain to put up. Just picture me digging this huge box out of the back (I mean way back) of a basement closet where it's sat dormant for the last 10 months, hoisting it up the stairs, and slamming it on the living room floor. "Alright it's upstairs, I'm ready for a nap," I say out of breath. But then Carrie politely asks me to put it up. And since she's carrying my twins and all, I comply.
Once I got the tree up, Ellie was all pumped up to get the ornaments on. She took them all out of the packages and was so excited to get them up. She didn't care where they went of course, just that she could see her reflection in the shiny ones. Then once we had the tree up, the ornaments on, the snowman figurines displayed on the end tables, Ellie says, "Is Christmas over now Mommy?"
Notice Dora at the feet of Joseph. She's got a snowsuit on. I'm guessing it was cold in Bethlehem, she just wanted to be prepared.

4 comments:
Merry Christmas to all!! (especially Dora!) :)
How sweet...but I am sure y'all are better decorators than you take credit for!! I love Dora in the manger, who knows maybe Diego was there too.
I am sure your tree looked a little like ours...decorating with small children; most of the ornaments ended up on the bottom 1/3 of the tree!! How fun, next year you will have two more little helpers to enter the holiday mix:)
Oh my gosh... I love the blog! Love the manger with Dora... love the mini-van. Studer you're so domestic.
Wow! Dora really is everywhere.
Post a Comment