We had a good time, and Ellie got to be there with her best friend Mariana. And if Mariana hadn't been there, Ellie wouldn't have gotten any candy. I don't know if we've instilled an incredible fear of roads, and told her enough that she must not leave the curb, or what. I guess that's maybe a good thing, but not when they're throwing candy at a parade! Mariana was the first one in the street, but Ellie would barely step off the curb. She warmed to the idea after awhile, but she was definitely hesitant. So Mariana contributed about three-quarters of Ellie's candy bag.
The boys didn't so much like the parade though. They pretty much cried the entire time. They would settle down, and then some stupid siren from a firetruck would go off, or another marching band would come strolling on by. But it was fun to get the family outside for a little parade, and of course, a lot of candy.
A little candy stuck in the teeth...no big deal.

2 comments:
Hurray for parade season!! I love parades! :)
The hand on the heart is priceless!
I say hurray for candy! Sweet picture of Ellie honoring the flag but seriously, a close up of the boys, please??!!
Post a Comment