Chris tells me that they had a great time shopping, and he tried his best to steer her away from the Disney princess alarm clocks, pink sparkly purses, and scented pillows shaped like fruit (Whose invention were those, by the way?) -- all of which she was positive that I would love. They talked on the way home about keeping secrets and what to do if I asked what my presents were. He even made her practice telling me I could find out in a couple days.
That must be all, right? Nope. The little stinker also told me on Saturday night that they were going to make me breakfast in bed. And immediately after wrapping my gifts, came downstairs to tell me that she hid the presents in her room.....as in, smack dab in the middle of the floor. At least they were wrapped at that point. Gotta love 3 year olds.
So when everything was said and done, I had a fantastic Mother's Day. Thanks to Chris, Ellie, Alex, and Maguire for the eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee. I loved my necklace (pictured above -- she was so proud of the "pink jewel") and picture frame. Hanging flower pots for my front porch, lunch at Culver's (complete with ice cream), and my most treasured gift -- an interruption-free afternoon nap!
All kidding aside, it was a great day. I am blessed with a wonderful husband who shows me he loves me every day, not just on official holidays. I have three (count 'em, three) healthy and beautiful children. It really doesn't get any better than this.
Happy Belated Mother's Day to all of the moms in our lives! We love you!

3 comments:
Ryan and I loved the story. I was laughing so hard I started to cry. The necklace is beautiful. Maybe Ellie will be able to keep Chris's gift a seceret a little longer for father's day.
heehee, Ellie! :)
You are so blessed, Carrie, & I'm thrilled you had a great Mother's Day!!
(three kids?! wow.) Can't wait to meet the boys & see how much Ellie's grown. You all look beautiful & happY! Love you!
Blessed is the best description! Thanks, Chris for all your efforts to help make Carrie's day so special.
Post a Comment