We spent what may have been the last nice day of fall* yesterday at a local park. I slaved all morning to prepare our organic, well-balanced, and oh-so-nutritious lunch (see McDonald's bags on picnic table) and we were off to play as soon as Chris got home from work.
We spent a lot of time on the swings, although we are not sure how much longer the boys will fit in the same swing. Soon we will be running back and forth between three swings, alternating pushes.
Ellie experienced her first underdog from Daddy yesterday. Okay, maybe it was a little bit more like a side-dog, if you want to get technical.


Check out these chompers!
Here's a little video of our swinging fun. Beware, this video is not for those who easily become motion-sick! :)
Of course, our trip to the park is never complete without a game of Pooh Sticks. For those of you not familiar with Winnie the Pooh, it's basically throw-your-stick-in-the-river-and-see-whose-goes-under-the-bridge-fastest. Always a good time. Then it was home for naps and we must have played hard, because Ellie actually took one!

*Yep, I am pretty sure that it was the last nice day. Today is cold (42 degrees!), cloudy, and rainy -- so are the next several days in the forecast. Sigh. At least it's not snowing yet.
3 comments:
Beautiful picture of you and Ellie on the riverbank. And the giggles from the video were well worth the upchuck....thanks, Chris...jk! Love you all!
I agree with Grammie & Papa's comments! :) And, I thought of you today (Wednesday) when I heard South Dakota's forecast & the "s" word was mentioned -- YEEEEEK
Can't wait to see you Saturday :D
What a beautiful day!! I don't want to rub it in or anything but our weather anchor says it's going to be 65 in the Seattle area on Monday. "65" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Although, if our weather man is reporting that I'm guessing it won't happen. We probably won't even see the sun at all and it will rain all day. Although if you want to come out and take advantage of one more nice Spring day your more then welcome. We'll take you out on a picnic 'your style' because I have to say, "I LOVE THE WAY YOU DO PICNICS." We could even mix it up a little and instead of Mcdonalds grab Taco Bell or Burger King. YOUR CHOICE!!
Post a Comment