Friday, October 10, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

"Pink eye? Ewww!"
Yes, the Studer house has been infected, but somehow the only ones who actually ended up with pink eye were Chris and I. Nice. Here are some highlights and random shots to catch you up on our house this week.
Ellie's favorite version of peek-a-boo. This is always good for a laugh from the babies, too.


The state of our family room minutes after the kids get up for the day. Notice the super high-tech baby gate between the couches -- yep, it's a card table. We're totally high-class around here, people.
Ellie, deciding last night to hobble around the house being an "old lady."

Alex has now mastered the tiptoe tabletop reach, which calls for another new level of babyproofing.

"And how exactly did you think you were going to pay for that?"

One of the babies' favorite but off-limits toys is Miss Ellie's cash register (another rummage sale find by Grandma!). Since there's real money in the drawer, it's tucked back behind a big basket of toys and a coffee table. But Mr. Maguire has figured out the route under and around the table and basket, and can be found playing cashier many times a day.

Ellie in her bride get-up. Can you guess what she wants to be for Halloween?
And now for more random shots and some videos:









This first video is for Grammie. We know how she loves to do this to make the boys chatter.





Video #2 is Maguire making his favorite new face and noise. When he gets excited, he crinkles up his nose and heavy breathes/snorts. You can also catch a view of his two chompers on the bottom if you look closely.

3 comments:

Grammie and Papa said...

Thanks for the Grammie video clip, Alex! The baseball outfits are just so manly. You caught some great expressions. Ellie, did your dad ever find you when you were hiding behind his back?? :) So good to see everyone in good health....except for Ellie's favorite colored eyeballs!
xxoo

Mom said...

Maguire's baseball outfit really stands out in the pix and looks sharp! Wow -- two teeth each now! And sounded like Alex said da-da! Ellie wouldn't want to be a bride for Halloween, would she? Think of the money you'll save -- no costume to buy!

Love to all --

Ryan and Kristi said...

I LOVE the baseball outfits and Ellie looks beautiful in her dress.

I also want to let you know that I don't think there is anything wrong with using a card table as a gate. I think when the twins come Krist and I are going to be making many make do gates. In fact I say, thanks for the idea. I'm sure we will be asking you for many more as we go along.

Take Care!!