In my quest to plump these boys up, I have been pushing the fatty foods -- with mixed success. Some previous favorites (avocado, scrambled eggs) are evidently now offensive just sitting on the tray (never mind trying to convince them to take a bite!) and get immediately dropped to the floor.
Now, who wouldn't love to be under orders to cram in as much cheese, whole milk, butter, and cream as you can get? The doctor even has me mixing carb/fat supplement powder into their liquids! We have come across a few winners like hot dogs, french toast sticks, whole milk yogurt, and the other night I think I hit the jackpot -- pumpkin waffles with cream cheese. Yum!
They couldn't get enough of these!
Mmm....we likey!
The fat-fest must be paying off -- we went to the doctor today for a weigh-in and both boys have gained a pound in the last month! Alex was back on the growth chart (3rd %ile) at 19 lb 11 oz while Maguire is still just below registering on the curve at 19 lb 7 oz. We have to go back again in a month to weigh in again, but they seemed fairly certain that their skinny little bods are just due to their extremely high activity level.
Other good news -- it's time for the front-facing car seats! Now we just have to figure out a new arrangement for who sits where in the van!

6 comments:
I like the new layout!
Mmm, pumpkin waffles & cream cheese - excellent idea! I wish I could join the 'plump fest' :)
Wish someone cheered when I gained a pound!! :)
xxoo
Love the new colors! Thanks for the recipe!
And ditto your mom! Where's the love!
I'm 100% positive that a doctor has never in my life put me on a plump fest diet. There has been many time the doctor has told me to get my face out of the feed bag but never to eat the feed and the bag. Twins looking GOOD!! FYI - We just got the twins stroller. It's huge!! We haven't taken it out of the box yet because I think we are going to have to construct a new garage just to park it plus I have to pass a Class A drivers test so I can operate it. It's a Kolcraft Tandem Stoller. (Ruby Red) When we get it together I will let you know!!
By the way, I could have saved you all lots of time and money on the doctor visits. I have been on this diet for years now & lets just say the results have been terrific......
Jon
Post a Comment