Last weekend, we headed up to MN for some deer hunting (Chris) and relaxing at Grammie's (the rest of us). For the third year (I think?), we also had a family birthday party for Miss Ellie. No birthday in the Eiesland family would be complete without a birthday wall sign, handcrafted by Grammie. We just never knew growing up what our sign would say -- Grammie busted out sayings like "It's heaven, Ben is 7," "Peachy keen, Carrie's 13," and "How great, Nate is 8!"
It goes without saying that Ellie wanted pink cupcakes, so we whipped up a batch and got creative with the stand (two plates and an upside-down bowl) as I had forgotten my beloved cupcake stand at home. For any of you not familiar with my stand, it is a much-ridiculed purchase I made when Ellie turned two. Chris could not believe I spent $12.99 on something so trivial. But let me tell you, I have gotten my money's worth out of that thing, and then some! I have lent it to friends for their kids' parties, and it has been used no less than 10 times. So there.
Alex provided the mood music.
Ellie spent some time with Uncles Tom and Scott, discussing the merits of Rapunzel Barbie vs. Ariel. I think these two learned more about Barbies than they ever wanted or needed to know that night.
The birthday girl blowing out her candle. We had a great time celebrating with lots of family -- thanks Grammie, Grandma & Grandpa Eiesland, Uncle Scott & Aunt Doreen, Uncle Tom & Aunt Julie, Grandma Studer, and Sarah & Chad for partying with us!

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Ellie--5 already, where does this time go!!?
Glad you guys got to spend some time with the fam in Brainerd, and Chris got some hunting in too. Great times!
Post a Comment