Monday, April 28, 2008

Three Rings of Boredom

I often get free tickets to events in town through work, just a perk of slaving away at a TV station I guess. So in the past couple of years we've taken Ellie to Care Bears Live, Elmo Live, stuff like that. But this past weekend, the Circus was in town. I don't know the last time I'd been to a circus, and Ellie likes animals and stuff, so I thought, "We're not paying for it, we might as well just go."
(That's us before we headed out)
Carrie stayed home with the boys, and Daddy and Ellie had a date night. But after about 30 minutes at the circus, I knew we wouldn't be staying very long. It started with the tigers and a big lion. She liked that for the most part. It was a little slow, but they jumped through a ring of fire, so that was cool. There was a huge elephant that did all sorts of tricks. She liked that, but otherwise the show was a bit lame.
It didn't so much hold her attention, but overall we had a good time. We got one of those glow in the dark sparkle toys (i.e. Daddy's a sucker) and had pop and popcorn and made some memories.
At the intermission Ellie says, "Daddy, I don't really want to be here anymore..." So I said, "Wanna go get some ice cream instead?" Her answer was pretty obvious.
So we headed to Dairy Queen to finish off the evening. We had a good time and some good stories to tell Mommy when we got home. I think she had fun. At least (as you can see) she liked the pop, and besides the refreshments (and the stupid $4 sparkle toy) it was free. And we learned that we can probably leave the free tickets for somebody else next year!

3 comments:

Grammie and Papa said...

Glad you made a good memory together and bless your heart Chris, for making your way through the crowds for a sweet time will Ellie! We, on the other hand, sat in our sweats in the comfort of our home and skyped with Carrie and the boys! We missed you and Ellie though! :)

Raymond and Emily said...

Ahw...I remember going to the circus with my dad...well, not the circus so much as what I wore to the circus. Ah. Sweet memories. ;D Sounds like you made some great ones.

Emily

sarah :) said...

DQ saves the day again! ;)