Wednesday, April 9, 2008

$87,000 Babies

So the other day Carrie gets the mail, and what does she find but a bill from Sanford Hospital. Instantly we knew what it was: Maguire's NICU total. We had already received Alex's bill a few weeks before, but Maguire's care was WAY more extensive and thus took much longer to put together. Alex's ended up being roughly $32,000. Then we opened up Maguire's, holding our collective breath. The grand total? Just over $55,000! It's actually less than what we thought it could be. But still, $87G's?! That's just insane. All we can say is, "Thank God for insurance!"

We've been busy the last few weeks, so I apologize for not updating the blog more often lately. I really have been slacking haven't I? At the twins' last appointment they both weighed well over 10lbs, so we're guessing they're surpassing 11lbs by now. It's amazing to see them grow and change. They're nearly 3 months old already, which is just insane. They're starting to actually smile when smiled at, and it's so awesome. They're holding their heads up better every day, and are really started to "coo" a lot. It's so darn fun.

It's been nice here over the past few days too, (and by nice I mean it's 50 degrees! Yay!) so Ellie and I have spent some time outdoors for once. Ellie had a little time on the bike, we played catch with a baseball, played a little hide and seek, and some hop scotch. She's been dressing up like Cinderella a lot lately too. You'll see in the pictures below. So it's been a great couple of weeks. That's about it for now. I'll be better about posting. That's a promise. Maybe.

2 comments:

Grammie and Papa said...

Finally!!! It's really tough on us when you don't blog....every day?? :) Thanks for the update but the truth is, they're worth much more than they cost! Glad you are getting Ellie outside...good for all of you!
xxoo
Grammie and Papa
(counting the days til you come!)

Megan and Abram Bouché said...

I've been checking every day and every day it's been all about easter...so exciting to see new pictures!!! I'm glad you guys have been able to get outside...we too have been itching for nice weather, inside play can only last for so long! Chat with you guys soon!