This was just a photo op waiting to happen -- only in South Dakota, people, can you find a handwashing station (outside the petting zoo) in the shape of a cow. The water actually came out of fake udders and into a bucket. I wanted to take a closer shot of the whole apparatus, but I figured that would be kind of weird.
Ellie and Miss Sioux Empire Fair (hey, anyone with a crown is cool in Ellie's world)Ellie and I getting ready to ride the little roller coaster.
And finally, here's Ellie with the lovely blue dolphin she won at one of those (not at all a rip-off)carnival games. However, the carnie lady who was running the game was nice enough to tell us that Ellie was going to get a big prize no matter which kind of duck she picked out of the tub because she had two baby brothers -- score! I tried to get Ellie to stand next to the carnival lady and take this picture, but no luck. In Ellie's defense, I don't know if I would have wanted to get very close to her myself -- she was a little scary.

2 comments:
Looks like Ellie made out like a bandit at the fair! And, yes, your kids do need to be raised with a kitty or doggy!! Just think what you would have missed, Chris, if we hadn't had Princess and Smokey!
Glad the boys were good while at the fair!
Looks like a great time for all, brings back memories of showing cattle at the Crow Wing County and State Fair as a kid!! FUN times...
How lucky for Ellie to get her picture with the lady with the crown...cool beans! Those cheese curds look pretty tasty:)
Post a Comment