Friday, August 8, 2008

More Pictures from Grammie's Visit

We did manage to squeeze in a little fun time while Grammie was here last week. My birthday was on Sunday, so we celebrated with Dairy Queen cake -- my favorite. Ellie got into her head awhile back that my favorite color is purple (?) and despite my best attempts to convince her otherwise, she insists that I love all things purple. So here I am with my purple-decorated cake. Evidently I also love dragons and half a container of purple sugar sprinkles on my cakes, too. :)



Me and the kiddos celebrating the big 3-1. I know Ellie and Maguire aren't even looking at the camera, but Alex's smile in this picture was so cute I couldn't resist.



Ellie loves to dress up like a bride, so Grammie and I hit the clearance bins at our local Lewis Drug and found the makings for a veil. She now wears it daily around the house and has asked to wear it a variety of places such as the Dollar Store, the grocery store, the library, and church. So far, it hasn't left the house since I think it looks a little too First Communion-ish for public wearing.

Here's Ellie with a self-portrait she whipped up, complete with hair, eyes (with eyelashes!), nose, mouth, arms, and legs. But what's that spot below her mouth, you ask? Her belly button, of course! (I was thinking maybe she drew herself a goatee like Papa's or something.)




The boys had their first joint bath together while Grammie was here. We weren't sure what they'd think of being set loose in the big tub, but they LOVED it. They slid and splashed around in there -- it was hilarious! They could not get enough of it -- they kept bumping into each other and trying to climb over each other. If I can figure out how to load video on here, I will try to post that soon. Apologies to Alex for cutting off part of his face, but I figured Maguire should get one good shot since he wasn't even looking in my birthday picture.



3 comments:

Grammie and Papa said...

Love the pictures! Loved being there! xxoo

sarah :) said...

Ok, I'm sitting here in a hostel lol'ing about the belly button! :D too cute!

and mmmm, I could REALLY go for some cheese curds!

The new rooms look great!!

Mom said...

Love the veil and tub pix!