
When you bring your child (or children in our case) home from the hospital they don't do much. It's really quite easy to care for them when you think about it. I suppose Carrie would disagree with that. But I'll continue my point. You can just put them on a chair, or on the floor, or lay them on a changing table, without thought of them rolling off or crawling away. A short 8 months or so later, the game has certainly changed. This is the position you'll find Alex in most often these days. He's not satisfied just crawling anymore. No way. The kid has to be standing somewhere. Here's some video of him pulling himself up, and then eating a magazine.

Then on to his latest feat. Carrie left the room for a second the other day, and returned to find Mr. Alex climbing up the stairs. The problem was that he doesn't quite know how to get himself down. So he sat on the second step and cried. Right after Carrie snapped this pic...

Maguire's starting to get the crawling thing down. It's more of an Army crawl at this point. The little soldier just motors his way the best he can. Here's a quick video of his latest attempt at transportation.
And Maguire's starting to sit up on his own now too. He's still a bit wobbly, and he's taken a few spills. But he's a tough one....just like his dad. (yeah right...I still cry at bats and possums. Haven't heard the possum story? I'll save it for a later post) But the boys are starting to fight over toys now while they're sitting up next to each other. I'm sure that won't get any worse in the years to come...
This past Sunday I couldn't tear Alex away from the TV. It was of course the opening Sunday of the NFL season, and obviously the first regular season game of his life. (They both watched the Super Bowl with me last year) I told Carrie I just couldn't turn the channel...I wouldn't have wanted to make him cry. Poor kid...
And finally...a shot of Maguire at the doctor's office. The poor kid had to get his head scanned again. He had some rough hair after taking the special cap thingy (that's the technical term for it) off his head. But the crazy thing is...he's already got more hair than his daddy. Actually that's more depressing than crazy in my opinion...
2 comments:
Wow, Alex may beat you and Tim walking, Chris! He's really got it together! And Maguire almost got his butt up! You'll have fun chasing them!
The vacation pix were great, too!
Love to you all!
Way to go, boys!! How about a little clip of Miss Ellie sometime soon? Love you oodles!
Post a Comment