Saturday, September 13, 2008

Here Comes the Bride

Remember Ellie's bride veil? Well, now she's got the whole bridal ensemble, thanks to Grandma Studer! While we were in MN, Grandma surprised Ellie with this find from a rummage sale. We think it must have been a flower girl dress? So needless to say, Ellie can be found most days running around our house decked out in dress, veil, white shoes (obviously a must!), and flower bouquet. The picture below doesn't do it justice (and Ellie's eyes are closed), but she was trying to point out one of her favorite features of the dress -- it's twirly!


In other random funniness: Yesterday morning Ellie and the boys and I went for a walk. We were about a block into the walk when Ellie asked what we needed to go on a walk for. I responded that we just needed to get a little fresh air. She said okay, and I figured the topic was closed. A minute later, I noticed that she was breathing really heavy -- and we were not walking fast at all. I asked her what all the huffing and puffing was about, and she says, "I'm getting all my dirty air out, Mommy. To make room for the fresh air."

The other day, we were at the store doing a little clothes shopping, just me and the kiddos. I am getting used to the random comments people make, especially when I am alone with all three and Ellie is riding on the side of the stroller. Lots of "You've got your hands full!" with the occasional semi-rude "I would go crazy!" thrown in for good fun. We were at the check-out lane, and the female cashier says "Are they twins? How old are they?" I reply that yes, they are twins and they're almost 8 months old. She leans over the counter, studies the babies for a minute and says, "Oh, they don't look very identical at all." Nope, they're fraternal, I say. And then she says, "Well, that's good. That way they'll each have their own personalities." Huh?!?! Seriously, lady, do you really think that identical twins share the same personality? So, in a move that I am fast perfecting, I just smiled and nodded and moved on.

4 comments:

Grammie and Papa said...

THANK YOU for the Ellie blog!! Good thing she's starting to save for the wedding castle now! xxoo

Mom said...

What a beautiful bride!! I'm glad she likes the dress and is having so much fun with it, and extra glad that it's TWIRLY!!

sarah :) said...

what a perfect dress!

you could write a book of things to NOT say to twins or parents of twins. you're so kind to smile & nod! love ya! :)

Jed, Katie and The Girls said...

What a FANCY little dress Miss Ellie!! What a great idea grandma! She will be loving that thing for a while, and to her, she will never grow out of it:)
Carrie, I love your play by play on the outings...I so can hear your voice when I read that. It was like a walk down memory lane. Even though you weren't talking about Party of Five or anything else in Linden Hall...
I bet you and Chris get to laugh at all of the craziness of people and passersby...oh, isn't life grand!!:)
Love and Miss you--