We started out the week by going to visit my grandmother up in Hibbing, MN. My brother (who now doesn't look as much like me anymore...because he's gotten so dang skinny!) and his family came up too. We had a good time hanging out up there!
Here's most of the fam at Carrie's parent's house. We had a little bonfire, roasted some hot dogs and had a great time catching up with everybody. Carrie's little brother Nate and his wife Alissa came home from Chicago, and Carrie's Aunt Marianne came in from the lake to visit too.
The 4 generation picture with Carrie's grandparents. Stay tuned, because there's another picture of Grandma Eiesland that is hilarious...trust me.
We had some marshmallows by the fire of course. Ellie loved to eat them...but you can see she had more fun squishing them in her hands. It was a joy to clean up too...let me tell ya...
Alex gets some love from Great-Grandpa Eiesland. They grew to be pretty good friends in the few days we were home. But there was one little problem Alex pointed out...
"Sorry Grandpa, I have a bit of a drooling problem. Mom and Dad say it's teething, and I should grow out of it. Hope I didn't get any on ya..."
Ellie decided she needed to pick some flowers for the ladies at the bonfire. And they all had to put them in their hair...
But Grandma Alice couldn't quite get hers to her ear in time for the group picture...
What's a trip to Brainerd, Minnesota, without a stop at Paul Bunyan Land? This is about as close as Ellie would get to "Tall Bunyan" as she called him. She was a bit nervous, especially because his eyes moved, and he knew her name...weird.
But she had a blast riding the rides at Paul Bunyan. This is the merry-go-round, but she said the Tilt-A-Whirl and Rollercoaster were her favorites. Seriously...she loved that Tilt-A-Whirl. She went twice and was begging to go again. She's a little daredevil.
This was a little boat ride, and Ellie wanted me to come with. My big rear couldn't fit in the little thing, and I nearly sank it...for real. It was a little scary for everyone involved I think...
We got to spend part of the vacation at the beach. Ellie's favorite pastime is digging in the dirt and throwing it in the water. She could do it for hours...
Grammie and Papa with the fellas at the beach. Maguire's melon is so big, his hat barely fits him anymore. But he still looks pretty stylin' if you ask me. The spoon is a good accessory too.
This was a little field trip Ellie got to take to Papa's new job. He loads and directs wildfire suppression planes. It's pretty cool. She got to climb in the big plane, and sit in the cockpit. She was pretty pumped about the whole thing.

Papa's work had a real helicopter and everything. But Ellie covered her ears even though the chopper wasn't on. She thought for sure they were going to turn it on and it was going to be loud. She wouldn't take her fingers from her ears the whole time...
Here's me staring deep in to the eyes of my beautiful bride. We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on our vacation by taking a romantic pontoon ride on the Mississippi River. Oh yeah, my in-laws, my kids, and a dog were all on the boat too...REAL romantic...let me tell ya...
I don't know how comfortable Ellie's pontoon ride ending up being. The life jacket had a little strap in a very unfortunate and uncomfortable place.
But Ellie got the chance to drive the pontoon with Papa...a job that she thoroughly enjoyed as you can tell. So the strap didn't bother her too much.
Papa set up the tent in the backyard because for weeks he and Ellie had talked about sleeping in the backyard together sometime. So we decided this was the time.Overall we had a wonderful time with our family who we all love so very much. This was just a taste (a really long taste) of our little vacation. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

4 comments:
Oh my gosh - I love your family! Your vaca looks so fun, and of course your kids are the most adorable, genius creatures I ever did see. :)
Where in Chicago does Nate live? and where in Japan was Sarah? Both amazing places I will never forget.
Thanks for this sweet post! :)
Erin
Loved the post! :D Jonathan & I looked at it together & enjoyed the comments & photos!
Love you guys! Sarah & jonathan
and, Erin, I lived in Shizuoka, by Mt Fuji! :)
Loved all the pics...I've been checking daily for the update on the vaca, so thank you! You guys all look so great and happy and relaxed! Let's skype soon! (do we say that every time we comment on the blogs?, seriously, we really need to catch up!)
Love you guys,
Megan
I just laughed, very funny and looks like you had a great time!
Post a Comment