Thursday, January 15, 2009

Which Way to the Beach?




Our Ellie, ever the optimist, decided that this was her outfit of choice today for her 'trip around the world.' Despite the fact that when she got dressed, the temperature outside was -17 below zero. Without the wind chill.

No such trip would be complete without fancy shoes, sunglasses, money in the purse, fairy wings, and a mode of transportation. She hijacked the boys' new wheels and took off on her trip. Itinerary for the trip: Mariana's house, Lorna's house, and outer space. When I asked her how she would be getting to space, she shook her head and said, "That's what the wings are for, Mommy." And I would also like to add that while they boys and I were in sweats and extra-warm socks, she remained in the swimsuit for The. Rest. Of. The. Day.



Maguire and Alex are having all kinds of fun with the new toys we got for Christmas. I think in the picture below, Maguire is trying to dial Aunt Doreen's number to tell her thanks for the 3-in-1 sports toy. It is a huge hit! The pictures really don't do it justice, so I will try to get some video up soon. The basketball hoop makes noises and plays stadium music when you make a basket, and they both love to hold onto the rim and bounce up and down with the music. Alex in particular can't get enough of it.






Hard to believe that they will be one next week! A few more random pictures and then a little video of the boys showing off some of their new tricks.





1 comment:

Mom said...

The basketball hoop looks awesome! And the video is great-- shows how much they understand even though they can't talk yet -- but I did hear "da-da"! Amazing how far they have come in a year!

Love you,