Monday, January 26, 2009

Here Come the Brides!

While Daddy, Papa, and Grammie stayed home to work on our never-ending home updates {Side Note -- Why is it that you never make your house a really nice place to live until you want to move?!}, Ellie and I braved the frigid temperatures to celebrate her best friend Mariana's 4th birthday. And can you imagine a party more fun for a bunch of preschoolers than a bride party?
Let me tell you, it was hilarious! If you've ever seen the show "Bridezillas," it was all that and more -- with four year olds. Only kidding -- Amy wisely chose identical dresses and accessories for everyone, so that kept the normal dress-up battles to a minimum. The girls were all angels and truly had the time of their lives -- I just may hire Amy to plan my children's birthday parties from now on!


The girls, patiently waiting for their gowns.




Ellie, in all her wedding finery. As you can imagine, she was over the moon about now owning more than one bride dress -- it's all about options, people!



Each girl got to sit at the vanity and be glitter-sprayed before she put her veil on. I didn't get a good shot of Ellie at the table, but I just loved the looks on all of their faces -- they were enchanted by the whole process!



Time to make bouquets!

Ten little brides, all in a row.


I think this was probably Ellie's favorite part of the day -- walking down the aisle....





And there was dancing. And lots and lots of twirling. I'm pretty sure Ellie will remember this party forever.



3 comments:

sarah :) said...

WOW! Now that is a party! :) Does Amy plan parties for 29 year-olds too?! ;)

The Pendills said...

Holy cow! My own childhood birthday memories (think Limbo at the old Brainerd roller rink) have just been ruined. Seriously, it looks like great fun was had by all! :)

Mom said...

Wow! That is an all-out party! Our princess made into a beautiful bride! Can't hardly imagine the fun she had!! What cute pix!