And thankfully today was the best day yet. The biggest triumph was that we got to hold Maguire. He was born 4 days ago already, and we hadn't held him even once. The nurse said that he's very stable now and breathing really well, so just for a few minutes we got to get him out of the isolet and hold him. It was SO very awesome to get our hands on him, and to be able to squeeze him tight. I just broke down when I got that little man in my hands for the first time. Carrie just laughed and giggled when she got a turn. Who knew I was the cry baby?? But Carrie said today, "Now it feels like we actually have two babies!" It's hard to get it into your head that they're both ours, because we've barely had a chance to touch the little guy. Also, Maguire had a spinal tap to test the fluid so they can make sure he doesn't have an infection in his brain. Those test results came back and they look good. So there's a little less to worry about. The full results should be back in a day or two.
<--(Maguire's first kiss from his Pop)
Meantime, Alex is doing great. He continues to eat very well, and nursing is starting to come along. He still has a feeding tube, but for the most part he's eating very well without it. Hopefully it can come out soon. One less tube would be nice.
There's still no clear timeline on when we can take one or both of them home, but hopefully that will start to take shape over the next couple of days. It seems like if Alex keeps eating well and getting bigger, he could come home soon. Maguire might take a little while longer, but he's starting to eat some, and hopefully he'll get stronger in the coming days. They're both a little jaundice now too, but that's normal. They're both under lights for the time being. But only Maguire gets to wear the sweet shades...you'll see what I'm talking about in the pictures below.

Ellie's still doing pretty well too, considering her Mom and Dad are gone a lot lately. She's playing with Carrie's parents and they're having a great time together. Ellie got a new Barbie from her baby brothers today too. She's been wanting one for weeks (those advertisers on the Disney Channel are genius) so when she opened it she said, "I've been talking about this Barbie, it was on that commercial!" It also has butterfly wings...bonus.
Just another big THANK YOU again to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. We can feel them each and every day! We're so blessed to have so many friends and family members to support and love us!
-Maguire and his sweet shades. They're to protect is little eyes from the spotlight they put on him for the jaundice. Where did that baseball come from?? That's weird...

5 comments:
Chris & Carrie - I just got tears in my eyes when I read your blog. I am so happy you got to hold Maguire! What a blessing! You have been in my thoughts and prayers every day! I have kept my distance because I'm sure things are hectic there. But it's wonderful that you have loving family there to look after Ellie and offer you support. Those little boys have a fighting spirit and will be just fine. In the meantime I am more than happy to keep praying and send good thoughts their way.-Leslie
Way to go boys!
love ya
The Billings
Chris and Carrie - Give the boys and Ellie a kiss and hug from us. We are so glad the boys are doing good and I'm sure Grammy and Poppa are not spoiling Ellie at all. Before you know it, Fred will have all three of them on fire engines.
Love to all
Uncle Steve & Aunt Sandi
funny how those baseballs appeared...
thanks for the updates!
Hey Studers! I love these updates and I'm addicted to your blog. I can't wait to find out what happens next! :) Know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you guys!
Erin (Z) Bender
Post a Comment