Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Did I Bring The Camera??

So we were busy getting ready for our big trip to the Great White North for Christmas last week, when I run down the virtual checklist in my head. "Clothes? Check. Underwear? Check. Shoes? Check. I think we're good. Wait, do we have the camera?" I decide we don't have it packed yet, so I head downstairs to grab it. While I'm down there, I decide to check the weather on the net before we embark on our trip.

I hop up from the chair, get a few last things upstairs, and we head out on the open road. About 45 minutes into the trip Carrie says, "You grabbed the camera right?" I think for a moment. "I know I went down to get it," I say to myself, "But the question is, did I actually grab it?" The answer's pretty obvious by now. It's still downstairs, sitting there all alone on the desk.

So we go on our big vacation without our camera. A trip that included Carrie's little brother's wedding, (of which Carrie sort of wanted pictures...can't imagine why) and a visit by Carrie's other brother, his wife and daughter who live in California. They make about 2 trips home per year. Carrie surprisingly wanted photos of that too. But alas, our camera lay dormant in the basement of our empty house.

But Carrie's mom managed to take, oh I don't know, about 75,000 pictures, so I think we captured the moments that needed capturing. When both grandbabies are home, the camera is a constant fixure. So here are a few photos of our big trip. We don't have any pictures of Nate's wedding yet. We'll post those soon though.














We found some time to hit the sledding hill a few times, and got a chance to make some snow angels. Ellie had a great time with her cousin Lorna, and got to show her what winter in the midwest is all about. Ellie was so good with Lorna all weekend, and even gave her a few kisses. If you know Ellie, those are golden. They also had time for a quick dip in the bathtub together.








There's a picture here of Great-Grandpa Eiesland with Ellie as they sat down for a "Tea Party" in the basement. They sat in the basement for quite awhile just chatting and "drinking" some tea. It was fun to see.

And this is a toy Great-Grandpa Eiesland made for both of the girls. They're little wooden pull-toy ducks. They're so cute, and extra special because of the man that put them together. Thanks again Grandpa!!



1 comment:

Grammie and Papa said...

75,000?????????
Real funny Studer and here I thought you should be a writer! :)
Love ya, Chris!!!