Monday, January 21, 2008

The Babies Have Appeared!

(<--This is Maguire! The red thing on his face is from tape used to hold his oxygen thingy on. Looks tough doesn't it?)
It happened like a whirlwind. We walked in the door from church Sunday afternoon, with thoughts of lunch and a nap. I was prepared to lay on the couch and watch the big football games and doze off. But these babies had different ideas.
I had just taken my coat off when Carrie went to get some clothes for Ellie to change into from her church dress. Then she comes out and says, "I think my water just broke!" So of course I panicked and was running this way and that trying to get ready. The dishes weren't done, the house was messy, but we had to go!
We packed our bags, threw everything in our minivan and took off for the hospital. It took us several more hours of labor, but we ended up with two beautiful baby boys! We're so very excited, it's hard to put into words.

As for the much anticipated names, that we agonized over for months....here they are: Alex Joseph, and Maguire Fredrick. They weren't thought up lightly, and to be honest there are times that I question them (Carrie hates it when I waiver on the names...) but I've told myself I'm committed to them, and we're sticking to it. We could nickname them A.J. and Mac...so I like that a bit better. Who knows. The middles are after both grandpas, so that was easy.

As for the sizes...Alex is 6lbs even. 19 1/2 inches in length. Maguire's 5lbs 4oz and 18 3/4 inches. They're both doing relatively well considering they were a bit early (36 weeks). So we're hoping they can come home with us soon. They're both in the Intensive Care Unit but they're doing pretty well considering. Maguire could have to stay a little longer because of a punctured lung. It sounds worse than it is, at least that's what everyone tells us. So we're just praying that everything works out well, and that they get to come home soon. We have no timetable yet as to when they could come home with us.

We really appreciate your thoughts and prayers as our little fellas get up and going! Thanks again, and keep checking back to the blog for updates on their progress!!
<--This is Alex







(Maguire)
Mommy Holding Alex!






Alex takin' a little snooze. Takes after his Grandfathers, and his dad too I suppose...

4 comments:

sarah :) said...

yay Yay YAY!!! Everyone here says a great big, DOUBLE "Omedetou gozaimasu!" Congratulations!

Love from across the Pacific :)

Jed, Katie and The Girls said...

Congratulations on your beautiful growing family. We look forward to reading the updates and seeing the pics. Hope our paths cross soon!

Unknown said...

We are very excited for you guys! WHaa HOOO! Lots of fun times ahead. Jonathan just looked at your pics and said, "They sure are cute."
Love from the Billings
Our boys are praying for yours.

Tom & Julie Eiesland said...

Congratulations!!!! We are so happy for you guys. What handsome boys. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. We love the names but have to admit Ellie's choices (Froggy & Banana) were pretty awesome to. Nap while you can. Hope to see you soon. Love you guys!!!