
"What's up, Maguire?"
"Oh, nothing much. Just hanging out after a long night of crabby sleeplessness... I think we must be getting teeth or something."
"But how can Mom possibly be mad at us with a face like this?"
"Testing, testing....1, 2, 3...Is this thing on? This is Maguire's Midnight Dance Party and we are ready to rock out! Playing all your favorite tunes including Kickin' the Crib Bars, Screech and Squeal Like a Maniac, and my personal favorite, Yank Your Brother's Ear Until He Screams. I'll be here all night..."
"Now this here is my favorite toy..."
"I want to share my waffles with you, Mommy. Doesn't that cancel out the fact that I stayed awake in bed until after 11:00 last night playing shadow puppets on the wall?"
You know it's been a rough night when you're several bites into your breakfast before you look down and realize you've grabbed a fork from the drawer instead of a spoon. And eating Rice Krispies with a fork? Let me tell you, not the most effective.
It's a good thing they're all so cute. And thank God for coffee.
4 comments:
Was there a full moon last night???? Sounds like the whole family had a rough one! Just some early firecrackers, I guess!
xxoo
Sounds like a VERY exciting night of parenthood:) I love your post...a little harmless sarcasm from a very loving mom, and entertaining too!! Greatness. Luckily they have those sweet little faces...Ellie and Kylie must be having secret meetings about staying up late and doing random things. Shadow puppets, a little concert in your bed while your sister is asleep...sounds good, ahhh children.
I need to give you a call Carrie, we are making the Loooong trip to MN and will be in Brainerd from around the 14th to the 19th. It's like Monday until Saturday morning. It would be nice to see you all, but who knows if that is when you guys are going to be in Brainerd. We are excited, but three different stops is going to get crazy. We are hitting Illinois and then Red Wing and Brainerd.
I will give you a ring, maybe over the weekend...
love to all,
jed
hilarious post!
Hope you got a nap...or at least some really good coffee :)
Imagine that -- a sleepless night with two 5-month olds and a 3-year old! Good thing you're young! And you're probably right about the teething! Maybe the teeth will be out by the time we get there!
Not sure what Ellie's late-night excuse is, though.
Love ya all!
Post a Comment