Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tummy Time Part II

Okay, so Maguire kind of lost out on the photo ops the other day, due to lack of participation in tummy time. So last night we took the time to try a new round, with some excellent results.
















We've found that the boys seem to sleep more soundly when they are about piled on top of each other, and who can blame them -- they lived that way for 9 months! It might not seem real comfy to us, but it sure makes for some funny and cute pictures.






















The pictures of Ellie are from her stint as "Dr. Ariel" -- a fun game in which Chris and/or myself are made to lie down on the couch and get poked and prodded until she decides we are well. She even has a reflex hammer (is that what those things are called?) thanks to Grammie and Papa (we think-- who knows where they came up with it)! She has such a big imagination for a little girl -- she can spend hours pretending to be a princess. We get cast in the various roles of the wicked stepmother, King Triton, Ursula the sea witch, or any of the seven dwarves -- and we'd better not break character, or we get reminded "No, Mommy, you're the wicked stepmother!" On the plus side, I have gotten her to pick up toys and (try to) sweep the floor by suggesting a game of Cinderella -- maybe next Chris will try and get her to do the dishes!

4 comments:

Grammie and Papa said...

Priceless!!!

Jed, Katie and The Girls said...

Maguire is doing great getting his head up...in the one shot it looks like, "I think I can, I think I can!":) That is great.
Sounds like Ellie has quite the imagination...careful Ellie, it sounds like mom is going to trick you into some housework:):)!! hahaha
I guess as parents we just turn some of these house chores into FUN time. Jenna loves to fold laundry, so I am not one to warn Ellie I guess...
Love all the pics of the boys..they are a growin'. Did you see in the news today about the identical triplets born in New York? I know the boys aren't identical, but I thought of you all.

sarah :) said...

haha, i loved playing doctor-complete with the reflex hammer thingy :) can't wait til she stirs up some medicines (ie chocolate marshmallow peanut butter sprinkle surprise) in the kitchen! ;)

Way to go boys with the tummy time--so cute!!

Ryan and Kristi said...

The pictures of Alex and Maquire sleeping on each other are PRICELESS and I think every Doctor/Princess needs to wear shades. Looking GOOD Ellie!! I will also have to steal the playing/chores duo. I'll tell Addyson if she mows the lawn, clean the kitchen, and vacum the livingroom I will play 15 minutes of house. EXCELLENT TRADE!!